Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ruminations whilst painting.

1.  A good paintbrush is worth its weight in gold.
2.  No matter how long you deliberate over what color to choose and how enamored you are of it, you will still be sick of the color by the time you are finished.
3.  Paint fumes make me angry even with the window open.
4.  The most detailed room should probably not be left for last.
5.  The longer it takes to complete the project, the more accepting I am of errors.
6.  It doesn't matter if the paint can says it has primer in it, dark colors still require a second coat.
7.  If your house has not been painted in 40 years, you will probably end up paying a lot more for paint then you thought.
8.  If your house has not been painted (or possibly cleaned) in 40 years, you will end up painting every surface.
9.  It is probably worth it to pay anyone to watch your child unless you enjoy potty breaks and requests for food every 15 minutes.
10.  Kids DO get tired of TV.
11.  I never thought I would say we have to paint all the closets.
12.  Under the influence of paint fumes may not be the best time to think of new posts for your blog.
13.  To the teenage girls lounging poolside next door while I am balancing precariously and trying not to break my neck and concurrently forced to listen to the theme song of "Sid, the Science Kid" for hours at a time I just want to say I am not envious of you at all right now.  Because it's not "Yo Gabba Gabba".

No comments:

Post a Comment